Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just found this recipe in an older cookbook, and it really caught my attention. I love pepper jack cheese, so I can't wait to try this one! It's definitely not the same old broccoli and cheese that we eat most of the time.
- 2 packages frozen broccoli stems
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese, cut in cubes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook the broccoli in a small amount of water until almost done.
- Remove the broccoli from the skillet.
- Drain well.
- Place the broccoli in a casserole dish.
- Place the sliced eggs on top of the broccoli.
- Combine the cream of celery soup and pepper jack cheese cubes.
- Pour the soup/cheese mixture on top of the broccoli and eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
I liked the kick that the pepper-jack cheese gave. That really made it unique from other broccoli casseroles. I added some milk to the soup/cheese mixture to make it spreadable. I really didn't think that cream of celery soup was a good match for the casserole. I thought it tasted sort of odd. Next time I make this I'll either make my own white sauce or use cream of broccoli soup with milk. Thanx for posting!
My husband loved this!!! I was looking for recipes to fix for him as a treat, since he was coming home for R&R. I believe this was his favorite, he is a big cheese lover. I know he will request it in the future. Thanks!!
This is very good. I love the extra spice from the pepper jack cheese. Broccoli is always a winnerwith my family and this is a new way to serve it. Thanks!