1/2 Photos of Pepper Grilled Scallops
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Keep the heat out of the kitchen this summer! These pepper grilled scallops taste fantastic! Toss them on to a bed of salad greens and veggies and you have a nice light summer dish! They are surprisingly easy to make. Simply, throw some peppercorns on the grill -- and you will have interesting new aromas to sample. Revised recipe from Andrea Viestad's Food for Summer. Adjusted cooking time per recent review.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 24 large scallops
- sea salt, fine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup black peppercorns
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges (optional)
- salad greens (optional)
- 1Preheat your gas or charcoal grill to a hot to medium hot level. You want your fire to be just under the hot level but not to the medium hot level yet.
- 2Meanwhile, allow your scallops to come to room temp while your prepare the vinaigrette.
- 3Combine the vinegar, honey, mustard, and oil in a bowl and whisk together with a fork. If it does not whisk together well just pop it into the microwave for about 30 seconds. Warming makes the honey mix more easily with the other ingredients.
- 4Pour half the vinaigrette into a small serving bowl. Set aside. Toss the scallops with the remaining vinaigrette, remove them from the bowl, and season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 5The grilling has to be done very quickly. Grill the scallops for a minute or two on one side then throw the black peppercorns onto the hottest part of the fire. Allow the scallops to cook for about 2 or 3 minutes more.
- 6Turn the scallops and allow them to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on this side, then remove them and serve immediately using the remaining vinaigrette as a salad dressing for the greens.
- 7NOTE: You could do the same with shrimp or half shrimp and half scallops.
- 8One MORE NOTE: Please allow your ingredients to warm up to room temp before placing on the grill for more accurate cooking times. Thanks!
Browse Our Top Scandinavian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scandinavian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Grilled Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 399.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar