Recipe by diner524
The easy homemade marinade adds flavor and zest to this grilled kabob recipe from Land O Lakes.
Top Review by loof
Yummy healthy kabobs! I left my beef in the marinade while the coals were heating up, which ended up being about 30 minutes. The marinade was a nice complement to both the meat and the veggies. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 24 (1-inch)
- 8 mushrooms, small
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 small summer squash or 1 small zucchini, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade; set aside. Stir sirloin pieces into marinade in saucepan; marinate 15 minutes. Remove sirloin pieces from marinade; discard saucepan marinade.
- To assemble kabobs, alternately thread sirloin pieces and vegetables onto skewers. Place kabobs onto grill. Grill, turning and brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, until sirloin reaches at least 145°F or desired doneness (10 to 15 minutes).