Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Found this on Foodtv.com. It's one of Emeril's recipes. It's delicious.
- oil (for frying)
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Essense: Store in airtight container.
- Yield 2/3 cup Essence.
- Preheat the fryer.
- In a mixing bowl, add the onions.
- Season the onions with salt.
- Add the hot sauce and toss the onions in the sauce to coat each ring completely.
- Marinade the onions for at least 1 hour.
- In another bowl, add the four.
- Season the flour with Essence.
- Dredge the onion rings in the season flour, coating each ring evenly.
- Shake off the excess flour and fry the rings in batches.
- Fry the onion rings until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove onion rings from the oil and drain on a paper plate-lined plate.
- Season the rings with Essence.
- Continue the frying process until all onion rings are fried.
- Serve hot.