1/2 Photos of Pepper Crusted Turkey (Or Chicken) Cutlets With Chutney Sauce
Having tried lots of different recipes through adventure, events and tag games, I now find myself with a pantry full of condiments and spices that I like but don't use very often. That has recently lead me to find new dishes which are simple, healthy and take advantage of these ingredients. This originated from a turkey recipe website and includes my modifications. Though I prefer it with turkey, it works well with chicken cutlets. Preparation includes 30 minutes to chill the poultry. This recipe is 4 pts per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush peppercorns with a mortar with pestle or in a spice grinder until coarse. (If you have neither, place the peppercorns in a plastic ball and gently crush them with a rolling pin.) Pat peppercorns on both sides of turkey cutlets. Wrap cutlets flat in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- 2(Note: If you are using chicken, pound to even thinness prior to crusting them with pepper. ).
- 3In large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, saute poultry in olive oil 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Remove cutlets from pan and keep warm.
- 4Combine the broth, ginger and 3 tablespoons of finely minced scallion bottoms (white and light green part) together and put into the skillet. Stir scraping the bits from the pan. Cook for just a minute.
- 5Add the chutney and brandy and cook until warmed. If you like, you can chop the mango chunks in the chutney in advance.
- 6Plate each cutlet and place one quarter of sauce on top. Garnish with a small sprinkle of chopped scallion greens (tops).
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Crusted Turkey (Or Chicken) Cutlets With Chutney Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 115.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: