Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready in 30 minutes!
- 4 -6 ounces boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, with roasted red peppers, liquid reserved
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (16 ounce) canbush's best pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons basil or 2 tablespoons parsley
- Sprinkle top side of salmon with paprika, salt and a heavy coating of pepper.
- Press spices into fish, cover and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large saucepan, over medium heat, and add onion.
- Cook, until onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and corn; cook 5 minutes.
- Add beans, liquid from tomato can and tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper; simmer for 8 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, heat remaining oil in large skillet and place salmon top side down in pan; cook 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn salmon over and cook other side for 4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over salmon to serve.
Want something very different to serve your family on a busy weeknight? This is it! At first I was leary of the ingredient combination, but let me assure you, it works! This is a meal in itself. Add some sourdough bread on the side and you are set. Very filling, very nutritious and most importantly, very delicious.