Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is another of my mom's recipes, and we love it! It's very easy but impressive. The pepper does make the crust spicy, but you can scrape it off before eating if you don't like hot food.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs pork loin
- 4 tablespoons mixed peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix flour and pepper. Stir into softened butter, then stir in mustard, making a paste. Spread paste on top and sides of roast.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 and cover roast loosely with foil.
- Continue cooking about 1 hour and 10 minutes, until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.