Recipe by Sackville
Just the thought of this dish makes my mouth water...marinate a day ahead of time for the best taste.
Top Review by JBueno02
Bought some salmon on a whim, looked up easy recipes, eventually ran into this. I had all the ingredients on hand, but I substituted low-sodium soy sauce and sugar free maple syrup, and added red pepper flakes to the marinade. It came out fantastic and was a hit with everyone. I will most definitely be making this again.
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Cover the fish completely with the mixture and marinate in the refrigerator for as long possible-- at least four hours but a full day is best.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub oil on a 10 by 10-inch sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place pepper on a small plate.
- Remove salmon from marinade and pat topside only into cracked pepper to coat.
- Place fillets, pepper side up, on foil.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for approximately 7 minutes.
- The syrup may cause the fish to smoke when cooking but do not be alarmed.
- Salmon can also be grilled directly over hot coals for about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.