Recipe by Vino Girl
From Cooking Light.
Top Review by Jenn4173
Delicious recipe! I've never made Beef Tenderloin before and it sounded yummy so I tried it for a xmas party I had last night for 14 people. It was definitely a hit and people were coming back for seconds. I doubled everything for the crust because my Tenderloin was 6 1/2 lbs.- turned out perfect. Also served it with a Green peppercorn-Brandy sauce. Great recipe! Thanks so much!
- 4 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- cooking spray
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F°.
- Trim fat from tenderloin; fold under 3 inches of small end.
- Rub the tenderloin with oil.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Rub the tenderloin with crumb mixture; coat with cooking spray.
- Place tenderloin on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion of tenderloin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425F° (do not remove roast from oven).
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the thermometer registers 140° (medium-rare) to 155° (medium).
- Place the tenderloin on a platter, and cover with foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes for tenderloin to reabsorb juices.
- (Temperature of roast will increase 5° upon standing.).
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, the sour cream, and the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve with the beef.