Recipe by Mille®
Great on steak.
Top Review by canarygirl
I made this rich sauce last night to go with Grilled Sirloin Steaks. The flavor was heavenly! After the addition of the peppercorns, I did let the sauce simmer on low for about 7 minutes to really enhance their flavor. Thanks for a great sauce, Miller! -CG
- 5 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 4 fluid ounces low sodium chicken broth or 4 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 10 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- 3⁄4 ounce peppercorn
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the wine and brandy in a heavy pan and boil gently for about 5 minutes or until reduced to a third of the original volume.
- Add the stock and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not catch on the bottom, or until the sauce has reduced by about a third and is of pouring consistency.
- Put the vinegar and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Boil for 30 seconds or until it smells caramelized and is reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Cool for 1 minute and pour in the cream sauce.
- Stir well.
- It may be necessary to replace it over the heat to re-melt the caramel.
- Add the port and peppercorns.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.