Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great on steak.
Make and share this Pepper Cream Sauce for the Grill recipe from Food.com.
- Put the wine and brandy in a heavy pan and boil gently for about 5 minutes or until reduced to a third of the original volume.
- Add the stock and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it does not catch on the bottom, or until the sauce has reduced by about a third and is of pouring consistency.
- Put the vinegar and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Boil for 30 seconds or until it smells caramelized and is reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Cool for 1 minute and pour in the cream sauce.
- Stir well.
- It may be necessary to replace it over the heat to re-melt the caramel.
- Add the port and peppercorns.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I made this rich sauce last night to go with Grilled Sirloin Steaks. The flavor was heavenly! After the addition of the peppercorns, I did let the sauce simmer on low for about 7 minutes to really enhance their flavor. Thanks for a great sauce, Miller! -CG
All I was getting out of the DH was OMG OMG and this is better than anything he has had in a restaurant, for me though I found it a little too rich but a small amount was absolutely delicious. I couldn't comment personally with respect to comparison to restaurant as I rarely order steak when dining out and usually have it with a mushroom sauce if I do but DH has already requested that we have again when he grills/B-B-Q's steak, tonight we had rum[p steak but he is looking forward to it with a t/bone. Will halve the recipe for 3 of us though but that said we did go through more than half the sauce between 3 of us but I think I will be having less next time for health reasons. The only suggestion I would make is to give your peppercorns a rough grind in a grinder or mortar a pestle, I gave mine a rough grind in a grinder and the also added some rough ground pepper to the steak which made for a very creamy peppery steak sauce. Thank you Mille for a great recipe,