Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I always use this sauce when I make beef tenderloin but I have also used a variation of it on pasta. You could also use this for stroganoff instead of a canned cream of mushroom soup-based sauce.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese (grated, only if using for pasta)
- Add the butter to an 8-10 inch skillet on medium heat.
- When butter is melted add minced shallot and garlic to pan and saute until shallots are tender. If using mushrooms add them now also.
- Add cracked pepper, beef stock, and heavy cream to pan. If using cheese add it now.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.