Recipe by dogfool1960
This is a thick bisque-like soup chock full of pepper onion and crab. I have made this for several restaurants I worked at.
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat, cleaned
- 1⁄2 gallon heavy cream
- 2 cups diced green bell peppers
- 2 cups diced red bell peppers
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onions and bell peppers in 4 oz. of butter until soft and transparent.
- In a large stock pan add heavy cream, crab meat, onions and peppers, tomato sauce, cayenne, paprika, and white pepper.
- Heat the ingredients till just boiling, taking care not to scald or burn.
- In another pan, melt butter; add flour making a roux.
- Slowly add to cream mixture until soup is thick, smooth and creamy.