Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a cookbook called Cocina de la Fmilia. I serve this with Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 small white onion
- 1 red bell pepper (cut in narrow strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut in narrow strips)
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 1 pinch dried oregano (mexican)
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place cabbage in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in med skillet. Add onion bell peppers jalapenos and oregano and lightly saute. Add vinegar and sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour over cabbage and toss. Sprinkle with salt.
- Let slaw refridgerate for one hour tossing occassionally.