Recipe by evelyn/athens
This chicken needs to marinate for 2-4 hours before cooking - but putting it together and cooking it is a breeze and the taste will make you happy. This recipe is also great done on the bbq.
Top Review by Lizzie-Babette
The taste made us VERY happy! This dish really is incredibly easy to put together, enough so for weeknight meals, and is delicious. I made the recipe exactly as directed (although I only used chicken pieces, not a cut-up chicken). The mix of spices was perfect, and when I began cooking the chicken, the aroma really made my mouth water. DH and I agreed that this is a very unique-tasting dish (not for the spice-challenged) that we'll make often. Wonderful dish - thanks, Evelyn!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy, large skillet over medium-low heat. Add all ingredients EXCEPT CHICKEN chicken and cook until spices are aromatic, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Cover chicken and cook over medium-low heat until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.