Recipe by Reena
This was my grandmothers favorite which was simply passed on. Everybody loves it
Top Review by love4culinary
Thanks for the recipe! I made this for the first time today, but I decided to play with it a bit. I cut the chicken into 1x2 pieces, and added it when told to, and also added a lot of curry powder. I cooked it for a little longer as well. Came out EXCELLENT!! THanks!
- 1 kg chicken (medium pieces)
- 3 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 red onions or 1 white onion
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a cooking pan (anything that can hold some chicken).
- Add the mustard seeds and wait until they start to crackle.
- Add the chopped onions and pepper and saute till the onions are tender.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the pieces of chicken and salt and mix well.
- Cover the lid and let the chicken cook in the juices for 5 minutes, on a low flame.
- Uncover and cook for 5 more minutes on a high flame.