Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This must be prepared ahead of time.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 16 ounces sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa, sauce
- 16 ounces guacamole or 16 ounces avocado dip
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning mix until fluffy. Stir in 1 cup of sour cream. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then fold in the chilies and the red pepper.
- Pour in a greased spring-form pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Combine the remaining sour cream with the salsa and spread on top. Bake for 5 minutes more.
- Refrigerate over night.
- To serve, unmold and spread with the guacamole or avocado dip. Garnish with fresh tomatoes, olives, or cheese. serve with taco chips.
This is the exact base for the southwest cheesecake I make - minus the red peppers. They are a great addition. I also like the toppings you have included. I usually garnish mine with salsa and black olives but your combination of guacamole, tomatoes, olives and cheese is 'da bomb! I think I'll use your recipe from now on. Thanks southern chef in louisiana!