Recipe by pines506
I love these. They use frozen puff pastry and are very easy to make and are great with soup or just as a snack.
- frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of a 17-1/4 oz. size package)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Roll sheet of pastry into a rectangle, 18x12 inches, on a lightly floured surface.
- Brush pastry with egg. Sprinkle with cheese crosswise over half of rectangle.
- Fold remaining half of rectangle over cheese; press edges to seal.
- Brush pastry with egg and sprinkle with pepper.
- Cut pastry lengthwise into 18 1/2-inch strips.
- Grasp each end of a strip and roll ends in opposite directions to twist.
- Place twists on cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.