Gougere (goo-zhair) is a cheese-flavored cream puff pastry that can be served hot or cold. Recipe is from Land O Lakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F; line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Combine water and butter in 2 quart saucepan.
- 3Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 5-7 minutes.
- 4Add flour, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- 5Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
- 6Remove from heat; add 1 egg at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
- 7Stir in 1 cup cheese and the chives.
- 8Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- 9Top each with about 1/2 t remaining cheese.
- 10Bake for 18-22 minutes or until puffed and browned.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Cheese & Chive Gougere
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: