Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Gougere (goo-zhair) is a cheese-flavored cream puff pastry that can be served hot or cold. Recipe is from Land O Lakes.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F; line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine water and butter in 2 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add flour, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat; add 1 egg at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese and the chives.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Top each with about 1/2 t remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until puffed and browned.
Made these for my daughter's wedding and they are fabulous.