1/2 Photos of Pepper Cheese Breadsticks (Bread Machine)
2 hrs 10 mins
This recipe was taken from Better Homes and Gardens magazine, I make these with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer with a few amount adjustments, prep time is only estimated depending on how long your dough cycle is, these are very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (use the Monterey Jack with jalapeno)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- cracked black pepper
- coarse salt or parmesan cheese
- 1Add the first 9 ingredients to a 1-1/2-2 pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's direction.
- 2Select the dough cycle.
- 3When the cycle is complete remove the dough, punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 4Divide the dough into thirds.
- 5On a lightly floured surface roll each portion into a 14x10-inch rectangle.
- 6Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut the dough lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- 7For each breadstick pick up 2 strips together and twist several times; press ends together.
- 8Place the breadstick dough about 1/2-inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 9Stir the egg and water together, then brush onto the breadsticks.
- 10Sprinkle with pepper, salt OR cheese.
- 11Bake in a 400°F oven for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Remove from baking sheet, then cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Cheese Breadsticks (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 83.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning