Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so good! Good with any type of menu. I make them when I make my fabulous Chili With a Twist Chili with a Twist! You can add more jalapeno peppers or not put so many in, it's up to you. I know you're gonna enjoy every bite!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons peeled peeled seeded and chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon seeded minced jalapeno pepper (I recommend wearing gloves)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Into a bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, and the salt, add the Cheddar, the tomato, and the jalapeno, and toss the mixture well.
- Add the milk and stir the mixture with a fork until it forms a soft,dry dough.
- Shape the dough into 6 balls, transfer the balls to a buttered and floured baking sheet., and pat them into 3-inch rounds. Bake the biscuits in the upper third of a preheated 450°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crusty. Serve the biscuits warm, with soups or omelets.