Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Grilled Pepper Bundles.
- 4 yellow bell peppers
- 6 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 16 pats butter
- 1 vidalia onions or 1 sweet onion, cut into 8 slices
- 8 double sheets aluminum foil
- Cut bell peppers in half through stem. Remove all veins and seeds from peppers. Stuff each pepper with 3/4 cup shredded cabbage.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning salt on each stuffed pepper. Next, place 1 pat of butter on each pepper.
- Cut Vidalia or sweet onion into 8 equal slices. Place onion slice on each stuffed pepper. Top each onion with a pat of butter and another 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Place each stuffed pepper on a double sheet of aluminum foil. Wrap each pepper individually in foil and seal tight.
- Place foil bundles on a charcoal grill and cook at 400°F for 45 minutes. Remove and serve hot.
Creative, tasty, easy! Will definitely repeat. I made with green instead of red cabbage because that is what we prefer but can see that it would look even more attractive with other color. I knew this would be mild so it went perfectly with spicy sausage. I think if you wanted a more spicy approach it would be easy. Maybe even add bacon pieces and omit butter? The 45 minutes in oven was spot on. I prepared earlier and refrigerated so supper was easy. Thank you for posting.