Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a nice thick stew, great for winter nights! I always serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- 500 g beef, diced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 (440 g) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix flour, gravy powder, pepper, parsley, and basil.
- Add beef, and stir until beef is coated.
- Place beef & onion in a pan with a little olive oil and cook until the beef is lightly browned, and the onion is tender.
- Place into a casserole dish. Add all other ingedients. Add just enough water to cover, and place lid on dish.
- Cook at 180C for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.