Recipe by BecR
Simple and no mess; these pepper steak packets can be baked in the oven or on the grill. Can add other vegies as desired (slivered onion, small chunks of broccoli, snow peas, etc.). (tip: use Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil sheets).
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This recipe just seemed way too easy, but it sure was excellent for such an easy prep and so few ingredients. I probably doubled the amount of teriyaki sauce, just shaking it on until everything was well coated. I used a bottled honey teriyaki sauce. I put this into 2 foil packs and baked in the over for about 20 minutes, which was just right. The meat was tender and the pepper strips perfectly cooked. I served this over rice. For us, this made 2 servings, not 4.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- hot cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with garlic powder and pepper; cut in thin strips. Combine steak strips and pepper strips with teriyaki sauce.
- Center one-fourth of the steak mixture on each sheet of foil (12x18-inches each).
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven OR grill 7 to 9 minutes in covered grill.
- Serve immediately over rice.
- Makes 4 servings.