Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This easy crockpot recipe can be served over noodles or rice.
Make and share this Pepper Beef Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 package dry sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- Combine water,tomato paste, vinegar, and seasoning mix in crockpot.
- Stir in beef, celery, and green pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
This had a nice flavor but not like a real goulash. It was easy to prepare and using the crockpot sure made it nice to come home too.
Made this for dinner today since I had plans to go out with some friends from hs. I came home to the kids digging in the pot before it was done and served it over noodles. This was wonderful.. Will make this one regular. I did throw in some onion as suggested and browned the meat. I doubled everything and was great. Thanks for a keeper.. :)
This was great! I liked it even more leftover for lunch today. Will definitely make again.