Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Kick your burgers up a notch!!
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 1⁄4 cup prepared thick & chunky salsa
- 4 frozen cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers (cream cheese or cheddar)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared salsa con queso
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- prepared thick & chunky salsa
- Combine ground beef and 1/4 cup salsa in a large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Lightly shape into four thin patties.
- Place one stuffed pepper in the center of each patty; wrap beef around pepper to enclose, sealing seams and forming a ball.
- Flatten balls into patties about 4 to 5 inches across and 1-inch thick.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 15 to 16 minutes to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Spread 1 tablespoon salsa con queso over each burger.
- Sprinkle evenly with tomato and olives.
- Serve with salsa if desired.