Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
You can save time preparing this by purchasing pre-cooked bacon strips.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 mild green chili pepper, seeded and cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 -3 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a small saucepan cook onion and Anaheim pepper in hot butter about 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, jalapeno pepper, and milk.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into four 3/4 inch thick patties.
- Place patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until done, (160*F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Serve burgers in rolls with pepper mixture.