Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
What I really like about this soup is that all the ingredients are usually on hand. It's quick but still delivers great taste. I was intending to make a basic tomato soup and it turned into this...
- 2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced (I used Roma tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, diced
- liquid hot pepper sauce
- In a wide-bottomed saucepan, add tomatoes and peppers. Cook until peppers are limp.
- Add broth and simmer slowly for about 10 minutes. Stir in milk, add salt and hot pepper seasoning to taste.
- Mix cheese into the soup and serve immediately.