Recipe by HokiesMom
Found in the 5 Ingredient Cookbook. Now for me it is more than 5 ingredients because I use *Kathy*'s recipe for Fajita Seasoning (Fajita Seasoning Mix) which is exceptional by the way and serve it in fajita size tortillas and add sweet grilled onions too. This gives a nice twist to a normal spicy fajita as the peaches are a sweet balance. The book also just serves this as is and not in a fajita...I like it in a fajita so take it one step further but if you want it for a main dish, then don't cut the chicken into strips and just serve the peppers and peaches over the chicken on a plate. Great with rice if serving without the fajitas.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips (boneless or skinless)
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix (recommend Fajita Seasoning Mix )
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet red pepper strips
- 1 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 2 fresh peaches, cut into thin slices (medium-large in size)
- 6 tortillas, fajita size
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle fajita seasoning over the strips of uncooked chicken and mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs of the oil oil over medium-high heat and then add the seasoned chicken and cook 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170F), turning over often while cooking. Transfer chicken to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tbs oil to skillet and add sweet pepper strips and onion slices and cook and stir about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Gently stir in the peach slices and cook and stir for another 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Warm fajita wraps.
- Place chicken in wraps and top with some of the peach mixture. Roll up and enjoy!