Recipe by Angela Sara
Rigatoni is short large tubes of pasta. The hummus adds an unexpected nuttiness to this dish.
- 300 g rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 175 g soft cheese
- 175 g hummus
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 150 ml single cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rigatoni pasta and drain well.
- Beat the soft cheese, hummus and lemon juice together.
- Mix in the cream and the salt and freshly ground pepper, put on one side until needed.
- In a pan, heat the oil and soften the onion until tender.
- Add the red, green and yellow peppers and cook until softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the soft cheese mixture, pasta and the parsley.
- Spoon into a large heatproof dish.
- Mix together the Cheddar and the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the pasta.
- Cook under a preheated grill until golden brown.