Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
These are quick, healthy and delicious! I like to use a saltier, cheddar-type cheese to bring out the sweetness of the peppers and mango; add as much heat as you wish with the chile peppers (but I particularly like lots of chiles with mango!). Use complementary-flavored colored tortillas instead of plain old white if you like! Can be served as an appetizer, snack, lunch, or light dinner.
Top Review by rosslare
Really flavorful and fresh tasting quesadilla. We loved the sweetness of mango, heat of jalapeno and saltines of cheese all combined. I will double the cheese next time, though.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 yellow bell peppers or 1⁄4 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bermuda onion, chopped
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 2 9 inch flour tortillas, plain or flavored
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute tomatoes in olive oil for 2 minutes; add peppers, onions, chili powder and oregano.
- Saute for 2 more minutes then add mango, cilantro, lime juice and chile pepper.
- Stir to combine then let cool briefly.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To assemble: spread filling over tortilla; sprinkle with cheese and top with second tortilla.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly browned.
- Quesadilla can also be cooked in a nonstick skillet for 2 minutes on each side.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with more cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream, if you like.