Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
An Easy Peasy tart!!! Leftovers make great packed lunches and it reheats well! Perfect picnic fare.
- 9 ounces bought shortcrust pastry
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (230 g) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 4 ounces wafer thin ham
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line a 9 inch loose bottomed flan tin with pastry.
- Bake blind (line with parchment paper and fill with beans) for 15 minutes.
- Remove paper and beans and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Fry the onions, garlic and rd pepper inthe oil for 4 minutes until softened.
- Cool slightly.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375*F.
- Tip the onion mixture and tomatoes into the pastry case.
- Ruffle the ham between the vegetables.
- If using olives, scatter on top.
- Beat the eggs and milk together, season, then pour into case.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until set.