Recipe by ~Nimz~
Our neighbor gave us some peppers and a big cucumber and we made this. Now Dave is not a big fan of cucumber but he liked this. The dressing is very tart but went well with the combination. Original recipe from "Barbecue" by Christine France and Steven Wheeler. I removed some things and added other so hope you'll enjoy.
- 2 cups cucumbers, coarslely chopped (about half of a very large cucumber)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, chopped
- 1 toasted whole wheat pita bread, cut into bite size pieces
- 5 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large lemons, juice of
- lemon zest (optional)
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the salad ingredients except the avacado and toasted pita bread.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving add the chopped avacado and toasted pita bread.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve.