Recipe by Nana Lee
This is done in a rice cooker and was found on the rice cooker group on Yahoo. You could probably add meat to this and have it as a main dish. It can also be used as a side dish or even a small lunch meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable stock, warm
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 sweet green pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped, leaves only
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet or paella pan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, rice and turmeric for 4 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in stock, salt and pepper; bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut green and red peppers in half lengthwise; remove core and membranes., and cut in half crosswise; cut lengthwise into strips.
- Core and chop tomatoes.
- Stir peppers and tomatoes into pan; cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in corn; cook, covered for about 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with a crusty roll and crunchy-crisp marinated salad.