24 hrs 25 mins
From the Weekend magazine, Foodcourt column on Breakfast for last week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and soak the dals overnight.
- 2The next morning, grind the rice separately with minimum water.
- 3Grind the dals coarsely with the red chilli, ginger, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- 4Mix with the ground rice.
- 5Add black pepper and mix.
- 6Your mixture should be a thick batter.
- 7Heat a non-stick pan.
- 8Spread a teaspoons.
- 9of oil evenly on it.
- 10When the oil is hot, drop a large ladle of the batter on it.
- 11Spread the batter to make a 5 inch diameter round.
- 12Drizzle with oil.
- 13When one side is done, flip the pancake and cook the other side till it's crisp.
- 14Serve hot with salted yoghurt and crushed green chillies.
- 15Enjoy for breakfast!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Adai (Rice and Chile Pepper Pancakes from India)
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: