Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Weekend magazine, Foodcourt column on Breakfast for last week.
Make and share this Pepper Adai (Rice and Chile Pepper Pancakes from India) recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and soak the dals overnight.
- The next morning, grind the rice separately with minimum water.
- Grind the dals coarsely with the red chilli, ginger, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Mix with the ground rice.
- Add black pepper and mix.
- Your mixture should be a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan.
- Spread a teaspoons.
- of oil evenly on it.
- When the oil is hot, drop a large ladle of the batter on it.
- Spread the batter to make a 5 inch diameter round.
- Drizzle with oil.
- When one side is done, flip the pancake and cook the other side till it's crisp.
- Serve hot with salted yoghurt and crushed green chillies.
- Enjoy for breakfast!