Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Great for Christmas or anytime of year- especially with coffee or cocoa AND they are lowfat too! If you like them spicier feel free to UP the ginger and/or use FRESH! World Tour 2005 Sweden Desserts
Top Review by razzintaz
Terrific flavor, awesome texture! I used parchment paper so didn't grease my pan or sugar the drops of dough. I also used a 3/4-inch cookie scoop. We got 140 cookies!!! Thank you! These are great! Update May 18, 2008: We have taken these to two different dinner parties and none were left, everyone loves them and wants the recipe! Thankyou! UPDATE: I can't make enough of these or eat enough of them!! Neither can my kids. This is our favorite!! Thanks.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and molasses and beat well.
- Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add dry mix to wet 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition to make a stiff dough.
- Roll dough into teaspoon size balls and roll in more granulated sugar.
- Bake on greased baking sheet at 350 for 8-10 minutes.