Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you haven't tried a peppadew yet - you are missing out! :) These lovely, piquant pickled baby bell peppers are sweet with a little kick of heat. I had some leftover peppers from an antipasto platter I did for a party, and decided to use them in mini-quiches for a vegetarian appetizer. They are wonderful and unusual!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peppadew bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Make the crust by whipping the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the flour and stir just until barely combined to form a dough. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine eggs, cream, salt, pepper, peppadews, & chives and beat until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove crust from the fridge. Break off 2 tbsp of dough, roll into a small ball, and press into the cup of a mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat until muffin tin is filled.
- Spoon in some of the egg/peppadew mixture into each shell, and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until quiche is lightly golden brown and slightly puffed.