Recipe by Lorianne1
Found recipe in Rachel Ray's magazine. Very easy to make and very good. The cayenne pepper really brings out the flavor of the chocolate. I buy bittersweet chocolate and pumpkin seeds (pepitas) at Trader Joe's at very reasonable prices. Number of serving is approximate--depends on how big of pieces you break it into.
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
oh yum! this turned out so good! And it's easy to make, as well. You really can't beat that. I also added some cinnamon to it as well as coconut to half. This will be made again for sure. Thanks for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, lightly toast pepitas for 10 minutes stirring frequently. Let cool.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, stirring until melted. Chocolate can also be melted in microwave at 50% power until just melted. (stir every 30 seconds).
- Stir 1 3/4 cup pepitas and cayenne pepper into melted chocolate.
- Spread chocolate mixture on wax paper lined baking sheet in 1/4 inch layer.
- Sprinkle remaining pepitas on top.
- Refrigerate until set. (approx 30 minutes).
- Break into pieces.
- Store in refrigerator.