jenny butt's Note:
Something a little different, but very tasty. This recipe is traditional to PUERTO RICO and comes from Foods of the world Time/Life
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel cucumbers and cut in half LENGTHWAYS.
- 2De seed, then cut in half CROSSWAYS.
- 3Drop cucumbers into sauce pan of boiling water, cover tightly and cook for 5 minutes or until can be pierced with skewer.
- 4Drain and transfer into heated dish.
- 5Meanwhile, melt butter in small pan
- 6when bubbling stir in flour & mix thoroughly.
- 7Pour in orange juice & cook stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- 8Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 9Stir in zest, salt and pepper.
- 10I,f sauce is too thick dilute more with a little O/J.
- 11Pour sauce over cucumbers and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepinos En Salsa De Narangja-Boiled Cucumbers With Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.4
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 66.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g