Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Something a little different, but very tasty. This recipe is traditional to PUERTO RICO and comes from Foods of the world Time/Life
- Peel cucumbers and cut in half LENGTHWAYS.
- De seed, then cut in half CROSSWAYS.
- Drop cucumbers into sauce pan of boiling water, cover tightly and cook for 5 minutes or until can be pierced with skewer.
- Drain and transfer into heated dish.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small pan
- when bubbling stir in flour & mix thoroughly.
- Pour in orange juice & cook stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in zest, salt and pepper.
- I,f sauce is too thick dilute more with a little O/J.
- Pour sauce over cucumbers and serve.