1/1 Photo of Peperoni Ripieni ( Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers With Eggplant)
1 hr 10 mins
A traditional delicious Italian stuffed pepper with eggplants with a nice presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggplants, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup Pam cooking spray, as needed
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 -4 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, to be divided into 8 parts
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- Pam cooking spray or olive oil, when drizzling the dish
- aluminum foil
- 1Salt out eggplants by adding salt and allow to stand 10 minutes until they sweat.
- 2Wash eggplants again to ensure the bitterness is removed.
- 3Heat enough olive oil in a fry pan and saute the eggplants until they become soft. Sauteing can be done in batches.
- 4Remove eggplants to a food processor and pulse for a few seconds.
- 5Add egg, basil, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to taste, and mix.
- 6In the meantime, preheat oven to 200°C.
- 7Cut off tops of green peppers and remove seeds.
- 8Arrange bell peppers in a casserole dish with the open part showing.
- 9Distribute the eggplant stuffing mix to the bell peppers.
- 10Top each pepper with mozzarella cheese.
- 11Spray Pam onto the dish and add the water.
- 12Cover with a tight fitting lid or aluminum foil.
- 13Bake 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peperoni Ripieni ( Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers With Eggplant)
Serving Size: 1 (662 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.4
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.6 mg
- Sodium 332.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 17.2 g