Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Roasted Pepper Halves with Crumb Topping An updated Italian Classic from Lidia Bastianich.
- 5 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed hot pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drizzle the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Cut the peppers in half, removing stems, seeds and ribs.
- Arrange peppers in dish and drizzle them with the remaining oil.
- Stir together the crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, thyme and hot pepper.
- Divide the crumb mixture amongst the pepper halves.
- Pour the stock around the peppers.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, around 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until the crumbs are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a serving dish.
- Add the remaining parsley to the cooking juice and spoon it over the peppers.