- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin crosswise
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, sliced thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Core, seed, and cut peppers into 1/4 inch strips.
- Heat oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add peppers, garlic, onions, 1/2 cup water; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until peppers are soft, about 1 hour.
- Stir in vinegar, transfer to a serving bowl.