Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Origin: Italian Cookbook by Region (Italy). This colorful dish is served cold with "hors- d'oeuvres" and hot with roast or grilled chicken , lamb or pork This really tastes like candy.
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb of ripe tomatoes, cut in quarters (I use Italian tomatoes Manzano)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut bell pepper in half and clean the inside. Rinse them under cold water and cut in strips.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and add onions, garlic, bay leaf, and mix occ.
- Add the bell peppers; cover and cook 10 minutes.
- TAdd tomatoes, salt and pepper and keep cooking another 30 minutes.
- Uncover and mix occ. until sauce reaches the desired thickess.
Really the best! these peperonata simple and delicious with a touch of garlic.
Very easy to make, and tasted fantastic