Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nontraditional preparation; from the owners of ‘ino
- 4 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all the ingredients except for salt in a bowl; toss to completely coat the diced peppers.
- Pour into a 9-inch ovenproof saute pan and bake 25 minutes, stirring with a spatula every 5 minutes or so, until the peppers are soft.
- Transfer to a bowl (make sure to pour all the olive oil/vinegar mixture in as well) and cool to room temperature.
- Use the same day or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Stir and season with salt to taste just before serving.