Recipe by Lani D
yummy simple salad to enjoy by itself, served on toasted crusty bread or as a side dish.
Top Review by La Dilettante
Really delicious, and almost identical to the recipe I got in Italy one summer. Sometimes I add a handful of crumbled gorgonzola after the mix has cooled a bit, and let the cheese get a bit runny before putting it on the bruschette. Always a big hit!
- 400 g canned tomatoes with juice
- 6 sweet peppers, mixed red, green and yellow
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop tomatos, removing cores.
- Cut capsicums (sweet peppers) in half lengthways and remove seeds and cores. Slice flesh. Peel onion and slice.
- Crush, peel and chop garlic.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion is clear. Add slices cpsicum and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatos and herbs.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.