Recipe by Carianne
This comes from the Penzey's spice catalog. Looks like a quick healthy meal for weeknites!
Top Review by Barb G.
Delicious, yummy chicken, the flavor is so good. I did use more wine and water than the recipe called for as the chicken breast was quite thick. The tarragon and fennel was just right. DH said that this deserves at least 10 stars. The sauce was so yummy over noodles. I will be making this AGAIN.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon French tarragon
- 6 fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover chicken breasts with white wine, half of the shallots, French tarragon, fennel seeds, and olive oil.
- Heat on high and cover.
- When a simmer is reached, turn down to med-low.
- Shake pot so that chicken doesn't stick.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Cook pasta.
- Remove chicken to plates.
- Turn heat to high for 2- 3 minutes to reduce cooking liquid.
- Drain pasta and place on plates with chicken.
- Add other half of shallots to reduce liquid, and pour over plates.