Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this from the Penzeys Spices Christmas 2006 Catalogue. I just wanted to get the recipies down, so I don't lose them. I've never tried this.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into pieces, giblets removed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a ziplock bag.
- Add the chicken a piece at a time and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chicken in the butter, about ten minutes.
- Remove chicken to a deep casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Deglaze the skillet with vermouth and pour the liquid over the chicken.
- Add the half & half to the casserole dish and enough milk to cover the chiken, about 1 1/2 cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, turning often and stirring up the sauce.
- Serve over rice.