- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove as much moisture from shredded potatoes as possible by squeezing them with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Mix potatoes, onion, eggs, flour and salt. Don't let the mixture sit, cook right away, as the salt will draw out moisture.
- Place large spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil, pressing down to form patties, approximately 1/2" thick.
- Brown both sides, about 5 minutes and drain.
- Serve hot with applesauce, sour cream and chopped green onions on the side.