1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in the back of a Penzeys spice catalog, and it looked really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1DO NOT preheat the oven.
- 2Lightly grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan, and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the peanut butter. Add the sugar and beat until light in color.
- 4Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- 5Add the vanilla.
- 6In a smaller bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 7Gradually add to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- 8Pour into the cake pan, and place in the cold oven.
- 9Set the oven temperature to 375 degrees F, and bake about 1 hour 35 minutes (check after 1 hour 10 minutes, as all ovens are different), or until a tester comes out clean.
- 10When it is done baking, let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes before turning out on a rack to cool completely.
- 11For the icing:.
- 12Place the chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl.
- 13Heat the cream in a heavy saucepan, until boiling. Pour over the chocolate chips and stir until creamy and smooth.
- 14Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 15Brush any loose crumbs from the cake. Place the cooling rack on a wax paper or parchment-lined baking sheet to catch any drips.
- 16Pour the icing evenly over the cake, allowing it to cascade down the sides and cover the cake.
- 17Move the cake rack to another lined baking sheet, scrape the drips from the used baking sheet, reheat the chocolate, and pour over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penzeys Peanut Butter Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.4
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 338.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 57.8 g
- Protein 11.2 g