Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Another great summer salad from Penzey's! You could increase the broccoli and decrease the peas to your preference.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, cubed into 1/4-inch chunks OR shredded
- 4 slices cooked bacon, slices broken into bits
- 1 -2 cup broccoli floret, steamed until crisp-tender (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the peas, eggs, onion, cheddar cheese, bacon bits and broccoli (if using) in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the mayonnaise, milk, mustard, celery seed, garlic, pepper and salt together until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the pea mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- You may serve the salad right away, but it tastes even better the longer the flavors have to develop, chilled in the fridge.